The following sections outline the instructions for downloading, installing, and licensing the Ontracks MaxEdit Maximo Rename software. Our automated licensing website makes it easy for you to evaluate, download and purchase licenses.
Before you begin (please read this first)
Since MaxEdit is built right into Maximo itself, this means that, unfortunately, you are limited by the Maximo installation procedure which does not allow you to uninstall the tool once you’ve installed it. Therefore, if you are trying out this software, be sure to back up your entire SMP folder and the Maximo database so you can restore both of these after your demo.
Free 30-day Demo
To obtain the 30-day demo is a straight-forward procedure, but you must first create your free account on our License Manager website before you download the actual software. Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you are ready to download and install the 30-day demo. Please keep this page open while you go step-by-step through the following procedure:
- If you have not already created an account, please go to https://licensemgr.ontracks.com/LicenseMgrEE/app/Signup_input (opens in a new tab/window) and create a new account.
- Upon submitting your account information, you will receive an email with a link to confirm your email address. Please check your email and follow that link to confirm. If you have not received a confirmation email within 5-10 minutes, please check your “Spam” folders in case if was filtered there by your email program.
- You are now ready to download the software. Please click on the following link to download the software media to your local system: MaxEdit-7601.zip. This file is approximately 30 MB in size. Please download this same file for Maximo 7.1.x, Maximo 7.5.x or Maximo 7.6.x
- Unzip the entire file with its subfolders into a temporary location; e.g. D:\Temp.
- Stop your Maximo server.
- Back up your entire SMP folder.
- Back up your Maximo database.
- Start the installer by running the install.cmd file.
- Carefully read the License information and when agreed & accepted, continue the installation.
- Specify the location of your Maximo SMP folder.
- Select the first option to obtain an evaluation license and click Next.
- On the next screen, enter the email address and password as obtained when you created your account for the License Manager website during Step 1.
- Click the Create button to obtain a demo license.
- If successful, the installer will show a entitlement and license ID. If an error occurred, please locate the installer log file located in the folder where you’ve unzipped the download file. The log file is called maxeditinstaller.log. Please email this log file to email@example.com with a short description of your problem.
- Continue the installation application by clicking Next.
- Upon completion of the installer process, you must now run the updatedb command that is located in your /SMP/maximo/tools/maximo folder.
- Rebuild the Maximo EAR file by running the buildmaximoear command located in /SMP/maximo/deployment.
- Redeploy the Maximo EAR file in your Application Server.
- Start your Maximo server.
Ready to buy?
At any time during your demo , you can easily convert your existing installation into a fully licensed version using our automated License Manager application. Please click on the following link for instructions: Buy MaxEdit License
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your problem and we will have someone assist you.